The two-year Märklin warranty applies to Märklin assortment products and spare parts, which are purchased worldwide at an authorized Märklin specialty dealer. Either the completed warranty card from Märklin or the purchase receipt are valid as proof of purchase. We therefore expressly recommend that you keep this warranty card together with the purchase receipt. Contents of the warranty/exclusions: This warranty includes at the option of the manufacturer repair free of charge of any malfunctions and the replacement free of charge of defective parts, which can be demonstrated to be based on design, manufacturing, or material defects, including the service associated with it. Any other claims resulting out of or in connection with the device shall be excluded from this manufacturer's warranty.
Reasons for Voiding the Warranty
- In the event of wear-related malfunctions or in the event of normal wear and tear of parts subject to wear and tear.
- When the installation of certain electronic elements is carried out contrary to the manufacturer's specification by individuals not authorized for this work.
- In the event of applications in other than the purpose specified by the manufacturer.
- When the manufacturer's notes in the operating instructions were not followed.
- Any claims arising from the warranty, guarantee, or compensation for damages are inadmissible, if non-Märklin parts are installed in Märklin products, which are not authorized by Märklin, and which thus cause the defects and damages. The same applies to conversions, which are carried out by neither Märklin nor by repair stations authorized by Märklin. There is basically a rebuttable presumption on the part of Märklin that the cause for the defects and damages is the aforementioned non-Märklin parts and conversions.
- The warranty period is not extended by repairs or delivery of spare parts.
- Warranty claims can be made either directly with the seller or by sending the part being claimed together with the warranty card or a purchase receipt and a defects report directly to Märklin. Märklin and the seller assume no liability in accepting the part for repair for any data or settings stored on the product from the customer. Items sent in for warranty claim freight collect cannot be accepted.
The address is: Gebr. Märklin & Cie. GmbH, Reparatur-Service, Stuttgarter Str. 55 – 57, 73033 Göppingen, Germany. E-mail: email@example.com